Supporting Children with SEND
Our Special Educational Coordinator;
Caitlin Atkinson was awarded the 'Level 3 in Early Years SENCO Award' in 2021.
At Penny Bridge Nursery we strive to support all children to make rapid progress and reach their full potential (and even beyond!)
We have a very secure, confident and proficient procedure to ensure that we identify children's needs early, tightly tailor our learning and most importantly use parents or carers as amazing, wonderful partners in the journey to support their child's needs effectively!
From our latest Ofsted report (July 2020);
'The nursery is led by an inspiring and passionate manager. The whole management
team is incredibly knowledgeable, highly skilled and qualified. Together they draw upon
their experience and expertise to provide superb support and guidance for the staff
team and to promote the highest levels of progress for all children.'
Or you can check out; Our Penny Bridge Nursery Local Offer Page on the CCC website by clicking here
SEND Support Links
- SEN Local offer; wealth of knowledge of everything available in regard to SEN (Ran by CCC)
- SEND IASS; Impartial legal and supportive advice for parents of children with SEND (Ran by CCC)
- Council for disabled children; We work collaboratively, from policy into practice, to ensure the best outcomes for children and young people
- Council for disabled children; Youtube videos
- Portage; Portage is a home-visiting educational service for pre-school children with SEND and their families.
- Children's Community Learning Disability and Behaviour Support Service for Parents (South Cumbria); Support to understand and meet the health needs of children with learning disabilities, global developmental delay and autism.
- Independent Provider of Special Education Advice (known as IPSEA) IPSEA offers free and independent legally based to help get the right education for children and young people with all kinds of special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). We also provide on the SEND legal framework to parents and carers, professionals and other organisations.
- Contact. We support families with the best possible guidance and information for families with disabled children
- Disability Living Allowance explained; Contact
- The Special Educational Needs (SEN) Inclusion Fund explained; CCC
- Disability Access Fund explained; CCC
- National Autistic Society; We are the UK's leading charity for people on the autism spectrum and their families.
- iCan; I CAN is the children’s communication charity, we have tonnes of support and knowledge on children's speech and language needs